Last Monday my son and daughter in law were due to catch the 8.15am ferry from Portsmouth to Caen. It was 6.45am when I stepped out of the shower and heard my phone going. I snatched it up. It was a video call. 'Mum, we have big problems here,' and before I could speak he thrust the phone into the hands of a Brittany ferries' staff member and said, 'Talk to my mum.' Barely conscious of my wet, tangled hair and trying to cover myself up with a towel which thought gravity was fun, I asked what the problem was. Apparently they had the wrong vaccination certificates and were being refused passage. I asked what I could do and she said they could go and get a test and take a later ferry. 'Where is the nearest test centre in Portsmouth?' I asked. 'There isn't one,' she replied, 'there is one in Southampton, or Havant.' What! No test centre in Portsmouth? They both have learni...
Comments
Post a Comment